Thursday, April 2, 2009

Writing Fast and Furiously

Well, I'm just so excited about writing these days. I have a few different projects in the works, and some of my clients have some very interesting projects going on. Last night we all had a great time working on our books. Deb DiSandro and I are leading a workshop called, "How to Write a Book the Slightly Off Way" (in honor of Deb's business - www.Slightly Off.com). Deb and I and a group of our writers participated in a teleconference with a great literary agent. After providing us with excellent written material and some general information, he invited each of us to tell him about the books we are working on. He then gave each of us specific advice on making our books more appealing to a publisher. What a great surprise that was.

Saturday, I am taking a seminar called, How to Write 30 Articles in 30 Days. I'm making up for all the years when I was too busy with technical writing to write about things I like! It time to start looking at writers conferences for the summer, too. Someday I want to go to the famous Maui Writer's Conference, and maybe a floating writer's conference on a cruise ship. Ah, so many dreams, so little time.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 3, 2009 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Writer-in-training said...

Hey, if you really want to write fast, I would recommend a book called Writing FAST: How to Write Anything with Lightning Speed. I don't know if the seminar you're going to is based on it or not, but the book has been fantastic for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home